Documents uploading for recognition
Intelligent Document Processing is a computing and resources intensive procedure as such documents processing is performed in sequential way. Documents are being added to the recognition queue for further processing one-by-one by the system.
- To upload documents to elDoc system for processing, navigate to the AI document processing page which you can find in Main menu
- Navigate to the Document upload area and ensure that file upload options are set to the desired values:
- Custom fields - allows to pre-define values for custom fields defined on the Recognition Document form.
- Force files preprocessing by elDoc - sets elDoc to disregard any text-layer available in the PDF files and performs OCR from scratch of the uploaded PDF files. This is desired behavior for PDF files with complex background and where text-layer was added by scanner appliance with low quality of the recognized text. For machine-generated PDF files this option should be disabled. When this option is disabled - elDoc will analyze uploaded files and decide whether to perform OCR or use available text-layer automatically.
- Selected languages for indexing content - sets elDoc to use specified languages during performing OCR. NOTE: may be hidden when system uses OCR-engine with automatic language detection.
- Tags - sets tags to be assigned for the uploaded documents. Allows to select tags which are already present in the system on Recognition Forms or on the documents.
- To upload files to recognition queue click on +Choose button in Files upload window and select one or several required files.
- Selected documents will be displayed in the Files upload window and can be removed by clicking on Cross button or Cancel button if required.
- Click Upload button to upload files and add them to the recognition queue for further processing
Supported file formats
PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, WebP (lossy), BMP
- Once files are uploaded to elDoc system they (files) first are saved in Drafts and queued for pre-processing (this is performed in queued mode thus will require some time depending on the queue length)
- Once pre-processing is done by the elDoc system - documents are moved from Draft phase to the Execution (Recognition) phase and displayed on the AI document processing page
- On the Execution (Recognition) phase actual document processing according to the recognition rules and data extraction is performed (this is performed in queued mode thus will require some time depending on the queue length)
Explanation of recognition document phases
- Draft - document is queued for pre-processing
- Execution (Recognition) - document is queued for recognition
- Execution (Validation) - document awaits for validation
- Execution (Conversion) - document is queued for conversion into target document form
- Repository / Archive - document was successfully processed
More details on document processing you may find on the respective page: Documents processing
Recognition queue management
- AI document processing page displays all documents which are currently queued for processing
- The following options are available for managing the documents in the queue:
resumes document processing
|suspends document processing|
|exports selected documents in CSV file|